Understanding the causes of drug and alcohol addiction is critical to supporting persons who are in treatment and recovery. IBH Addiction Recovery incorporates education in our treatment programs for both clients and their families. The Family Education service offers tools to support loved ones who are receiving treatment for their addiction.
Family Education is designed for those who are seeking information on the disease of drug and alcohol addiction and insight on how best to support loved ones in a healthy way. This includes client relatives, partners, friends, and those who are considering treatment options.
Subjects to be covered include:
- An overview of our treatment approach
- What to expect during treatment
- Understanding addiction
- How to set boundaries and communicate during treatment
- How to identify warning signs and triggers
- Coping skills, wellness, and support resources
The Family Education Series is offered the 1st and 3rd Saturday each month between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. at our Firestone Park Outpatient and Aftercare Facility. There will be a short break in between series. The next series begins on September 16 and will be on the following dates:
- No session on September 2, 2023 due to holiday
- September 16, 2023 - Treatment Overview & Expectations
- October 7, 2023 - Models of Addiction
- October 21, 2023 - Boundaries & Communication
- November 4, 2023 - Warning Signs & Triggers
- November 18, 2023 - Wellness & Coping Skills
- December 2, 2023 - Supportive Community Resources
The service is free and you can join at any point in the series. Registration is not required but is appreciated. To register, complete the form below or call: 234.260.2703
The Firestone Park Outpatient and Aftercare Facility is located at 1601 S. Main Street in Akron, Ohio.